Sunday, April 13, 2008

Makaelynn Lindsay Hennen


Makaelynn Lindsay Hennen

Born: April 12, 2008

Time: 1:05 pm

Weight: 4 lbs 6 oz

Length: 16 inches

Well our daughter is here almost 6 weeks too soon! I came in for a routine NST Saturday morning and they had just put me on the monitor and all the sudden the nurse ran out and came back with like 6 more nurses and the anthesiaologist. One minute I was dressed the next I wasn't and getting a IV and signing consent forms for a C-Section. I guess her heart rate went from 143 to 60 in like 2 secs. It was crazy! They took me into the operating room at 12:28 and she was here at 1:05 weighing in at only 4 lbs 6 oz and 16 inches long. She had only gained 6 oz in 2 1/2 weeks so it was a good thing they took her! I guess the cord was around her neck thats the only thing my dr could figure for the drop. I got to see her for a sec then they took her downstairs to work her over and they found out what the mass in her cord was- it was part of her intestines so while i was in recovery they were working on transport to Primary Childrens and they were here within and hour and a half. I got to see her for about 15 minutes before they took her, it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life to say goodbye to my sweet baby girl but her Daddy got to ride with her and has been with her ever since. She had surgery at about 10 pm last night to put the little bit of intestines back in her body and now she is doing great! They told my husband she should be home in about 7-10 days so hopefully! I will be discharged Tuesday morning and will be heading straight up there to be with my daughter. Thank you to all of you who have fasted and prayed we really appreciate all the support!



We love you,



John, Whit, Lil' Dale and Makaelynn

10 comments:

Russell & Jammie said...

I am sooo glad that she is here and doing better! I wish you both a fast recovery. I put your names in the Temple yesterday the 12th. She is so beautiful! I am proud of you both!! Love you!

Mauri said...

Whit- She is so precious! I'm glad to hear that she is doing better. What a scary experience. Let me know if there is anything I can do for your family.

Curt, Lace and Harper said...

Whit congrats! That is so scary, I glad to hear that she is doing better. I hope and pray that she continues to progress in the right direction. She is so cute and precious!

Unknown said...

Whit she is so precious i cried when i read your blog. Im such a baby latly. Our preys are with you. Keep me in touch ok

Melanie said...

Whit~ She is adorable. I hope things go well for both of you. That is quite the scare. I hope it is a fast recovery. love ya lots.

Jessica said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

ashley said...

Congratulations! She's so precious. So tiny. We talked to Shelly and she told us on Saturday night. We are so glad to hear that she is improving! We continue to pray for her and we are excited to meet her. :)

J, A & C

Tony and Erica said...

She looks so sweet and is great addition to your family. Im glad to hear all is going well and hopefully you will be with her soon. My heart went out to you as soon as I heard that you had her. You are in our prayers.
Erica

Jake, Mel, and Girls said...

Hey Whitney- Congratulations! She is darling! She looks like she is doing well. I work in the NICU at Utah Valley, so I know how these things go. It's definitely not the funnest situation, but it sounds like she's doing just great. What a blessing!

Bryce and Kella Allfrey said...

She looks so tinny! it's hard to beleive they begin that small! well congrats on your cute little family!